Friday, December 25, 2009

Nobel Prize for Food ---- updated


(blog timeout)

Haven't been able to enjoy some of my favorite foods for years ... staples like cucumbers, broccoli and garlic.

The symptoms included painful bloating, severe nausea and malaise lasting for days. I tried every over the counter antacid I could find, and even a prescription or two as well ... without success. So all I could do to keep from feeling sick was to avoid cucumbers, broccoli and restaurant pizza.


I did some research and apparently lots of folks suffer the same symptoms, although corn, beans and cauliflower can also be culprits. Then, in several online forums, I found dozens of folks who claimed Beano was the cure.

Took me about a week, but finally I remembered to try it and cautiously tested Beano's effectiveness by adding a touch of garlic to a recipe. No problems. After four consecutive days of working my way up to tablespoon-strength doses of garlic, there's still no trace of the gastric distress I'd come to expect.

Now I carry Beano wherever I go.

After a few days I finally put Beano to the test and tackled the dreaded cucumbers. A month ago, one quarter of a slice of cucumber would've made me sick with an upset stomach for days. Not this time: Beano really works ... so now, pass the garlic! ;-)



You can read more at Beano's web site here.