Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Why can't I ever get what I want?"

"Why don't things work out the way I planned?"
"Why does everything I hope for always go wrong?"
"When is it gonna be my turn to get what I want?"

If you're a Believer, here's a question about your question: Who are you expecting to show up with an answer? Who're you expecting to explain why following I and planning for I and expecting things to work out for I just isn't proceeding according to I's expectations?

What do you think The Almighty would say about why He hasn't shown up, submitted and surrendered to I?

--

The Apostle Paul described himself as a slave to Christ after Jesus appeared and spoke to him on the road to Damascus ... and Paul was beheaded in Rome for his faith. Christ's own brother, James, doubted Jesus was the Messiah until Jesus appeared to him following the resurrection ... and in 57 A.D. the historian Josephus wrote that James was martyred for his faith.

Christ himself submitted totally and completely to the Father ... and Jesus's faith led him to Golgotha, where he was crucified and died for our sins.

Do your expectations include that kind of complete and total surrender ... or does your faith feel more comfortable making a partial, trial kind of submission ... and giving God a chance to prove himself by meeting your expectations and making a couple of big pay-offs, before finally making up your mind?

---

"Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
- Mark 14:36


And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
- John 14:13


On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
- John 14:20


I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
- John 14:12