Friday, June 25, 2010

Praying Big for Something Bigger: God's plan for my life

I've heard a few folks say that they want to do something big for God. I've heard more folks admit "I want to do something HUGE for God" but I've heard even more confess "I just don't know what it is."

In other words the destination seems clear as crystal in our minds ... but God's map looks a little fuzzy and hard to make out, especially the crowded, busy part in the middle, the part with the little circle at the end of the red arrow that reads "You Are Here."

---

"I want to do something BIG for God" ... but how many of us are expecting to be looked up to and worshiped, adored as "success stories," admired as role models ... and copied or imitated in Heaven?

---

I don't know God's comprehensive plan for my life, but I'm trying to submit to and obey His will. That's not extreme; that's not going over the edge and that's not going off the religious deep end. That's not even crawling. It's just as big and as far as I can go on my own.

I don't know the plan, the destination or the means ... and I don't need to.

But praying and realizing "May every word I say and every thing I do, may every decision I make and every step I take be to Your glory, that people around me believe You sent your son Jesus into the world" ... now that's BIG and something worth praying for.

It also sounds like a good start to following God's plan for my life.