Thursday, January 15, 2009

Memo to Self: Here's a Real Time Saver

The other day I downloaded a podcast to watch on my Sony Walkman digital media player.  Trouble is, the Walkman can't play videos in the podcast format.

Finally found two possible approaches to my situation:  

(1) Convert the files using AfterEffects CS3.  I tried a 5-second test, and though the converted file plays perfectly, converting an hour-long video would take about 15 hours to complete.

(2) Convert using a cheap-o podcast converter (which takes far less time to configure) and needs just 40 minutes to finish, instead of 15 hours (although the "converted" file doesn't work and still won't play, at all.)

So, which solution should I pursue?

Obviously #2, because it's so easy and saves so much time.

--   --   --

Now let's talk about life:

Approach #1 is surrendering totally, completely and absolutely to following God's will.

Approach #2 means going to church on Sundays, sometimes.