Thursday, October 26, 2006

The end of the world as we know it

Blogging's salad days are over. I just did a quick tally, and realized there's 36 blogs in my folder I check regularly.

Or, used to ... because the authors don't post often enough to maintain my interest.

-Seems like 75% of those post fewer than twice a month.

-15% post about once a week

-6% have something to say, but don't say it often enough

-With just one exception, I talk to all the others at least once a day on the phone

At least once every waking hour I keep coming back to lb's post about how much time gets wasted on-line, waiting for something interesting to show up on the screen. She no longer has internet service at home.

I'm really gonna do it too, I am, just as soon as I get three good e-mails in a row on an even-numbered Tuesday.

Stuff I've Learned from Luke Department:

No matter how important whatever you're doing at the moment seems, now's a good time to suddenly stop ... and start scratching.

Pressure-Cooker Full-Length Double-FF Friday Fandango Playlist

Look, it's hard to keep coming up with music to transcend and describe that magical place in the space/time dimension we share (popularly known as The Electric City, USA), but I do my best to kick down doors, take names and bust all barriers between us.

You asked for it, doggone it you got it.

Thunderbird - ZZ Top
Backdoor Medley - ZZ Top
Be Still My Beating Heart - Sting