Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stop, thief!

I've got to admit, I still haven't recovered from the theft of all my photography and video gear ... and it's been almost two years.

My camera and lenses were almost 60 years old. Its film is only sold online and must be loaded and processed entirely by hand in total darkness. With tripod, the camera weighed more than 30 pounds and took almost 10 minutes just to set up and focus.

In other words, my camera is totally useless and had little value to the thief who stole it.

----

"If you've got it, flaunt it."

I've heard that reasoning used to explain everything from the plunging cut of womens' blouses to elastic jeans to men's gold chains and speedos.

But I think a better question would be, "If you've got it, ask yourself where it came from."

----

I've also heard people say, "How can any church or preacher tell me what I can do with my own body? Having sex is a natural part of who we are."

Makes me wanna say, Stop Thief. Your body doesn't belong to you ... and neither does your "sexuality." Having a sexual relationship outside of marriage makes you a thief because the thing you're taking from your partner isn't yours and doesn't belong to you. Thief.

As human beings we sometimes think that sex is something we created for our own enjoyment, while forgetting to ask ourselves who designed in the beginning.