Sunday, May 3, 2009

Will folks stay home Sunday & skip church to avoid swine flu risk?

"I'm worried about catching swine flu, so I'm skipping church ... unless I can get Swine Flu-free worship services at my fingertips."

Ok, that's probably one of the silliest excuses I've ever heard.  In fact it's no excuse at all: you can still stay swine-flu free and worship, without having to disinfect every surface, cover your mouth when you cough ... or even wear a surgical mask to chase away germs.


NewSpring Church Web Campus
join hundreds of worshippers from around the world praising God online together every Sunday
11:15am Eastern, 11:00am Pacific (2pm Eastern) & 6pm Eastern


Not to make light of a potential H1N1 pandemic, but it's strange how we pick things to worry about, isn't it?  Two weeks ago today folks thought the world was coming to an end because of the sagging economy, and last year we were fretting to death over gasoline prices ... as if worrying ever gives us control or can possibly change the outcome.


[reminder: I am not employed by nor endorsed in any way by newspring church.  Any opinions, errors, or symptoms of foot-in-mouth disease presented here are strictly, wholly and entirely my own.]